June - School Council Meeting Minutes
8th June 2020, 3-3.30pm
Present: Heath Jones (Y1), Chantelle (Y2), Naomi (Y2), Jemima (Y3), Milo (Y4), Martha (Y5/6), Lena (Y5/6), Dora (Y5/6).
Mr Eaton, Mrs Evans, Miss Newman, Mrs Aiken
Absent: Corey (Y5/6)
Discussion: Ideas/suggestions on how we can keep in touch with pupils while year groups are not in school.
- Zoom Meeting with whole class, half class or groups of children every Monday – a welcome to the week chat.
- Zoom Meeting with whole class, half class or groups of children every week – Show and Tell or Presentations. Pupils could hold something and talk about it or share a screen to show a powerpoint. Staff to choose a few children each week.
- Zoom small groups/1-1 video demonstrations to pupils.
- Back to School; PSHE and circle times to discuss how we are feeling.
- Funny Class Photo Gallery – perhaps a competition in class/phase. Teachers participate too.
- Scooting on playground or in an area at certain times of the day would be fun.
- Welcome Back Party.
- More intra-competitions (scrabble, chess, sports, art) so classes/phases compete against other classes/phases.
- Hand paint a rainbow (activity to do when children are in school and ask children at home to contribute).
- Board games timetable like in Golden Time every Friday afternoon.
- A big charity event.
- Reading Challenge – how many books can you read over a certain period of time? This of course could be included in the intra-competition.
- Talent Show when we all return.
Any further suggestions/ideas should be sent to the office for the attention of Catherine Aiken.